General Quotes about Fitness
1. "The road to nowhere is paved with excuses." Mark Bell
2. "Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom." Jack Lalanne
3. "If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail." Mark Spitz
Research has shown that the majority of new fitness club members do not successfully establish regular exercise behavior.
That’s because it can be a challenge to
stay motivated to workout.
Choosing a buddy, creating accountability and making it fun are just a few ways to help you stay on track.
4. "In training, everyone focuses on 90% physical and 10% mental but in the races, it's 90% mental because there’s very little that separates us physically at the elite level." Elka Graham
5. "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." Vidal Sassoon
6. "Well done is better than well said." Benjamin Franklin
7. "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch." Unknown
When we think about fitness, we tend to think about powering through some heavy cardio.
However gentle forms of exercise can be just as powerful.
Yoga for example
has many physical benefits — it can boost your flexibility, build muscle and improve your balance.
8. "All great achievements require time." Maya Angelou
9. "Believe me; the reward is not so great without the struggle." Wilma Rudolph
10. "If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up." Unknown
11. "There’s always a point where you get knocked down. But I draw on what I’ve learned on the track: If you work hard, things will work out." Lolo Jones
12. "Natural talent only determines the limits of your athletic potential. It's dedication and a willingness to discipline your life that makes you great." Billie Jean King
13. "Set realistic goals, keep re-evaluating and be consistent." Venus Williams
Keeping a fitness journal is one way to track your progress and re-evaluate your goals.
All you need is a notebook and a few inspiring writing prompts to get started!
14. "Never put an age limit on your dream." Dara Torres
Fitness Quotes for Women
1. "The first time you win, nobody picks you; the last time you win, nobody picks you. You've just got to pick yourself." Venus Williams
2. "A girl should be two things: who and what she wants." Coco Chanel
3. "Champions keep playing until they get it right." Billie Jean King
4. "Swimmers provide much healthier role models for teenagers than the catwalk." Clare Balding
The CDC reports that swimming is one of the most effective ways to stay in shape.
Not just for those already super active, but also for people struggling with their mobility such as the elderly and those with arthritis.
5. "Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind." Jackie Joyner Kersee
6. "It doesn’t matter how fast or how far you’re going. If you’re putting on your shoes and going out for a run, you are a runner, you are in that club." Kara Goucher
7. "I don’t work out because I hate my body, I workout because I love my body." Unknown
Self-love isn’t easy, but working on it each day is important to accepting and celebrating who you are.
our journal prompts for self-love to start changing your attitude.
8. "I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall." Serena Williams
9. "For me, losing a tennis match isn't failure, it's research." Billie Jean King
10. "If it is easy, then you are doing it wrong." Gabby Williams
Quotes about Fitness Goals
1. "The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens." Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. "The only person who can stop you from reaching your goals is you." Jackie Joyner Kersee
3. "Without goals, training has no direction." Natalie Coughlin
4. "You have to set yourself goals so you can push yourself harder. Desire is the key to success." Usain Bolt
5. "Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail." Bruce Lee
6. "If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done." Thomas Jefferson
If you appreciate quotes because you enjoy examining and reflecting on your own mindset, then why not try meditation?
It’s easy to get started and has
so many surprising health advantages, including encouraging a healthier lifestyle, reducing back pain and strengthening your immune system.
7. "I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match." Mia Hamm
8. "Acknowledge all of your small victories. They will eventually add up to something great." Kara Goucher
9. "It always seems impossible until it is done." Nelson Mandela
10. "Your attitude is either the lock on or key to your door of success." Denis Waitley