The latest sleep statistics show that 45% of the world’s population report issues with sleep — are you one of those suffering?
If you are, then it’s no wonder that you’re searching for affirmations!
Research shows that practicing positive daily mantras relieves stress and puts you in a better headspace for slumber.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled 50 sleep affirmations for a better night’s rest.
Positive Sleep Affirmations
Reciting a positive statement can be a great way to end your day. And help you wake up in a good mood, too.
Be inspired by our list of 10 positive sleep-inducing affirmations:
1. I am resting comfortably.
2. I choose to sleep well.
3. I deserve rest now.
4. I easily fall into a deep and restful sleep.
Though many turn to medication when they face sleep issues, there are a number of surprising things that can help you sleep.
For example, there are certain teas you can drink and foods you can eat, plus ones you should avoid!
5. I will feel refreshed tomorrow.
6. Sleep is so good for my body.
7. Sleep comes easily to me.
8. I can fall asleep whenever I choose.
9. I release all negativity.
10. I sleep through the whole night.
Pin it for later!
Don’t forget to pin these sleep affirmations for later!
There are things you can do at bedtime to ensure you sleep better, including getting to bed early!
Don’t forget to also add one of these bedtime affirmations to your nightly routine:
1. Falling asleep is easy for me.
2. I am grateful for today.
3. My body is ready to relax.
One way to relax your body before bedtime is by practicing yoga.
It is proven to lead to more peaceful sleep, plus there are a wealth of other yoga benefits for your health.
There are even yoga poses for sleep, which are asanas shown to be particularly effective for preparing your body and mind for rest.
4. I have done my best today.
5. My bedroom is the perfect space for sleep and relaxation.
6. I am proud of what I achieved today.
7. My dreams are positive and uplifting.
8. My muscles feel heavy and relaxed.
9. Tomorrow is a new day.
10. I awake in the morning feeling refreshed.
“I am” Affirmations for Sleep
Reciting “I am” affirmations can be a way to feel more empowered and in control.
Take charge of your sleeping patterns with our shortlist of 10 “I am” mantras for sleep:
1. I am going to have a good night’s sleep.
2. I am releasing tension and stress from my body.
3. I am calm and relaxed.
4. I am ready to go to sleep.
Research into the benefits of massage highlights how effective the therapy can be for those with sleep problems such as insomnia.
There are different massage styles you can try, including acupressure treatment which is thought to be particularly powerful for sleep.
You can enjoy the treatment in your own home by investing in an acupressure mat.
5. I am grateful for tomorrow.
6. I am allowed to fall into a restful sleep.
7. I am a deep and peaceful sleeper.
8. I am in control of my sleep patterns.
9. I am holding onto positive feelings from today.
10. I am in the perfect place for a good night’s sleep.
Sleep Affirmations for Success
The famous saying goes “Success and rest don’t sleep together”.
We’ve read the sleep facts and we’d have to disagree! To be successful you need to get a good night’s rest.
Start reciting our sleep affirmations for success, then switch off the light and start dreaming:
1. I know that my dreams are coming true.
2. Success comes naturally to me.
3. I am surrounded by new opportunities.
4. I am committed to getting results.
5. I am focused.
There are lots of people you can follow online to inspire you when you’re seeking success, including a number of sleep influencers!
You can learn how to optimize your sleep, develop good bedtime habits and be the first to learn about innovative new sleep products.
6. I have unlimited potential.
7. I excel in everything I do.
8. I can reach any goal.
9. I never give up.
10. I have all I need to succeed.
Sleep Affirmations for Anxiety
Sleep problems and anxiety can often go hand in hand.
Recite our sleep affirmations for anxiety before bed to calm and relax your mind:
1. My mind is still and quiet.
2. My breathing is slow and steady.
Adopting a positive mindset can be challenging when you’re struggling with anxious thoughts.
However one of the biggest affirmation benefits is the boost it can give your mental health, particularly if you have anxiety.
We’ve compiled 75 affirmations for anxiety to help calm the mind.
3. I am safe right now.
4. I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed.
5. I will let go of what I can’t control.
6. Anxiety does not define me.
7. I am strong and brave.
8. I am enough.
9. I trust myself.
10. I am in control.
Why not try journaling for sleep?
Here at The Good Body we’re passionate about sleep, and journaling too!
Journaling can help you get a better night’s rest, which is an advantage of the practice that you might not know about.
Choose a journal prompt for sleep, grab an empty notebook and write your way to better slumber.