Researchers have found a strong link between positive thoughts and improved health.
In fact they discovered that positive people are 13% less likely to have a heart attack or other coronary event, compared to their pessimistic counterparts.
Below we’ve compiled a list of 45 of the best positive affirmations to inspire your thinking:
1. I choose to be happy.
A study by the University of Kansas found that smiling can reduce your heart rate and blood pressure during stressful situations.
Amazingly, even fake smiling has the same effect!
2. My thoughts become my reality.
3. I will not give up on my hopes and dreams.
4. I am strong and fearless.
5. I am doing my best.
Pin it for later!
Don’t forget to pin these positive daily affirmations for later!
6. My body is strong and healthy.
Reciting a health affirmation can make you more physically active.
We looked at all the findings supporting the benefits of affirmations, and discovered that they can actually alter your brain.
Without getting too deep into the science, saying “I will exercise today” affirms the behavior, allowing you to see the self-relevance more clearly and take action.
7. I have everything I need to succeed.
8. I am creating a life I love.
9. Positive changes are happening in my life.
10. I deserve to live a happy and fulfilling life.
11. Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.
12. My dreams are coming true.
13. Every day brings new opportunities.
14. I can get through anything.
15. I am grateful for all that I have.
Regularly expressing gratitude can really improve your mood.
To find the right words we’ve gathered 45 gratitude affirmations that are all about recognizing and appreciating all that you have in life.
16. I will make a difference.
17. Money flows effortlessly into my life.
Manifesting money is a growing trend, the idea being that you can think your financial dreams into reality.
Money affirmations are one way to establish the right mindset.
Why not begin reciting “My bank account is constantly growing” or “I’m always looking for new sources of income” and see what effect it has?
18. I am capable of far more than I realize.
19. When I think positive thoughts, I have positive feelings.
You might think that children would struggle to understand the power of a positive attitude.
However research has shown that children as young as five can understand the principle that a positive thought makes you feel better and a negative one makes you feel worse.
20. I can do this.
21. I am living in the moment.
22. I am welcoming love into my life.
If you want to celebrate your partner or attract romance into your life then love affirmations are what you need!
23. I am successful.
24. Setbacks are opportunities to learn and grow.
25. I will rise to the challenge.
Inspirational affirmations can be a great way to boost your self-esteem, however did you know that meditation also has many benefits?
Professors at Stanford found that regular mindfulness meditation training led to an improved self-view, particularly for those with social anxiety disorder.
26. I always push myself harder.
27. I complete every task I start.
28. I am confident about the future.
29. I make the right choices.
30. I am worthy of love.
31. I can overcome anything.
32. Everything I need to achieve my goals is within me.
33. I choose to feel confident.
34. I am powerful.
35. Monday morning is a fresh start and I’m ready to get going.
36. I love the person I am.
37. I am surrounded by people who love me.
Surrounding yourself with positive people is another way improve your own optimism.
Researchers were able to show that certain health behaviors and attitudes are contagious.
Keen to establish a fitness routine? The study showed that you’re more likely to be motivated to work out if you have friends that exercise regularly.
There are also a number of fitness affirmations that you can recite to inspire you further!
38. It’s ok to make mistakes.
Making mistakes can actually make you a more effective learner.
“Our research found evidence that mistakes that are a ‘near miss’ can help a person learn the information better than if no errors were made at all” reported Dr. Nicole Anderson, scientist at Baycrest’s Rotman Research Institute.
39. I am making rest a priority.
40. I will not worry about things I cannot control.
41. I am beautiful.
42. I am unstoppable.
43. Tomorrow is a new day.
44. I am proud of myself.
45. I am honing a positive mindset.
Embrace your inner power
Did you know that affirmations can help you harness the strength that lives within you?
Read our list of powerful affirmations that really work!
- Johns Hopkins Medicine (2023). The Power of Positive Thinking [Online]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/the-power-of-positive-thinking [Accessed 11 May 2023]. ↩
- Kraft, TL. and Pressman, SD. (2012). Grin and bear it: the influence of manipulated facial expression on the stress response [Online]. National Library of Medicine. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23012270/ [Accessed 11 May 2023]. ↩
- SickKids (2012). Positive thinking: How to foster in your child [Online]. Available from: https://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/Article?contentid=629&language=English [Accessed 11 May 2023]. ↩
- Goldin, P., Ramel, W. and Gross, J. (2009). Mindfulness Meditation Training and Self-Referential Processing in Social Anxiety Disorder: Behavioral and Neural Effects [Online]. National Library of Medicine. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25568592/ [Accessed 11 May 2023]. ↩
- Whalen-Harris, R. (2023). The Importance of Surrounding Yourself with Positivity [Online]. One Eighty. Available from: https://www.one-eighty.org/news/the-importance-of-surrounding-yourself-with-positivity/ [Accessed 11 May 2023]. ↩
- Science Daily (2018). Making mistakes while studying actually helps you learn better [Online]. Available from: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/06/180611133437.htm [Accessed 11 May 2023]. ↩