Anxiety can take its toll on you day to day and really impact on your self-esteem.
Start practicing affirmations for stress relief and research shows you can teach your brain a new way to think about the world!
In this article we’ve compiled 75 anxiety affirmations to calm your mind and relieve your worrying thoughts.
Affirmations for Social Anxiety
Fear of the judgement and scrutiny of others can make even familiar social settings challenging for those with Social anxiety disorder.
Have these affirmations for social anxiety saved for when you need to give yourself a pep talk:
1. I am a great conversation starter.
2. I have nothing to fear.
3. Being unique is my strength.
4. I’ve done this before. I can do it again.
5. I’m not alone in how I’m feeling.
You’re certainly not alone.
Social anxiety statistics show that 15 million adults across the US suffer from Social anxiety disorder.
More than three in four people experience their first symptoms in childhood or during their teenage years.
6. I am an interesting person to be around.
7. I am worthy of a happy life.
8. I am enough.
9. I belong here as much as anyone else.
10. I don’t fear people’s judgement.
Daily Affirmations for Anxiety
Powerful daily affirmations can have a positive impact on your mental wellbeing.
Choose one of our daily affirmations for anxious thoughts and start to change your thinking:
1. I can overcome my anxiety.
2. I focus on what makes me happy.
4. I fully embrace who I am.
5. I can perceive any situation positively.
6. I choose to think positive thoughts.
7. I trust myself.
8. I am worthy of good things.
9. I don’t dwell on the negatives.
10. This might be hard, but I can handle it.
Morning Affirmations for Anxiety
Get your day started in the best possible way by reminding yourself what a strong person you are!
Here are 10 morning affirmations for anxiety relief:
1. I am a good person.
2. I can rise to the challenge.
3. I welcome happiness and joy into my day.
Why not practice your morning affirmation as you enjoy a cup of herbal tea?
There are many teas for anxiety, backed up by science, that have benefits for those living with the disorder.
These include peppermint, chamomile and rosehip.
4. I am exactly where I’m supposed to be.
5. I can choose my thoughts.
6. I am capable of solving problems.
7. Today will be a good day.
8. I am not alone in my life.
9. I know that everything will work out.
10. I will let worry go.
Calming Affirmations for Work Anxiety
Workplace stress statistics show that 62% of adults in the workplace report high levels of stress.
Workload, people issues, lack of job security and juggling work and personal life were provided as causes.
1. I believe in my own abilities.
2. I trust my own judgement.
3. I am more than my job.
Building your self-esteem and reducing worries is possible when you regularly meditate.
It’s one of the many meditation benefits that you need to know.
Sitting cross-legged may not seem like an effective treatment method, however experts explain that meditation teaches you how to experience your thoughts completely differently.
4. I can overcome any problem that comes my way.
5. I am the right person for the job.
6. Today I will celebrate every little win.
7. I will embrace new opportunities.
8. I’m allowed to say no.
9. There are no mistakes, only lessons to be learned.
Sleep Affirmations for Anxiety
Sleep disturbances and insomnia are often reported by people with anxiety disorders.
Use these sleep affirmations and get a better night’s rest tonight:
1. I am not in any danger. I am safe.
2. My mind is calm. My muscles are relaxed.
3. Tomorrow is a new day.
4. I have done enough today.
Going to bed early can be one way to calm your busy mind.
Enjoying a full night’s sleep can reduce feelings of stress, anger and mental exhaustion.
5. I am making myself a priority.
6. I can fall asleep whenever I want.
7. I choose sleep over anxiety.
8. I am grateful for all I achieved today.
9. I will recharge for tomorrow as I sleep.
Living with anxiety can take its toll on your confidence.
You can give it a boost by going to bed naked! Yes, you read that correctly.
Research into sleeping naked reveals that it makes you feel more comfortable in your own skin which results in greater confidence.
10. I let all the feelings of today just drift away.
Self-Affirmations for Anxiety
You are more than your anxiety and it’s important that you keep reminding yourself of this fact.
Read our self-affirmations for anxiety and find the one that most resonates with you:
1. I am calm and at peace.
2. Taking care of myself is very important.
3. I have everything I need within me.
4. I can slow my breathing. I am in control.
5. I am enough.
6. I give myself permission to take a break.
Anxiety can be exhausting so making time for self-care is so important.
Due to the commonality of anxiety, the market is bursting with anxiety-relieving products to help treat the condition, so why not treat yourself?
7. I am kind to myself.
8. I can always try again.
9. I am learning to deal with my worries.
10. I release any doubts and fears.
Anxiety doesn’t need to be something you just live with…
Through our look at mind and body practices we’ve found there are a number of tools to help, including yoga, acupressure and meditation.
On their own they’re not going to be a miracle cure, but combined they can be powerful.
Start by taking a look at the best herbal teas for anxiety.