Living mindfully is great for your wellbeing and something we all aspire to, but it can be difficult to nurture the state of mind day to day.
Writing in a mindfulness journal is one way to establish the habit.
In this article we’ve compiled a list of 25 journal prompts for mindfulness, including mindful eating and inspiration for kids, to help you get started.
Daily Mindfulness Journal Prompts
Journaling has benefits for your mental health, with specific writing prompts helping to boost your mindset.
We know the mindfulness benefits too, so why not select a mindful question for each day this week?
1. What do you feel grateful for right now?
2. What are your strengths?
3. Which areas of life do you wish you could be more mindful in?
4. How do you feel about yourself right now?
5. Connect to your senes. What can you see, hear, touch, smell and taste in this moment?
6. What does your perfect day look like?
7. Write down five quotes that inspire you.
Quotes often allow us to see the world from someone else’s perspective which can be really encouraging and thought-provoking.
We put together a list of 65 health quotes that can motivate, inspire and uplift you.
8. What around you right now makes you smile?
9. List five things that help you ground yourself in the present.
10. What do you plan to do differently tomorrow?
Mindful Eating Journal Prompts
Mindful eating is another way that we can ground ourselves in the moment, noticing taste and texture.
If you’re trying to improve your relationship with food then we have a few mindful eating journal prompts to inspire you:
1. What emotions do you feel when you think about food?
2. What is your current relationship with food?
3. What causes you to eat mindlessly?
Fatigue can be one factor that can cause us to mindlessly eat, and sleep facts show that as a nation we’re not getting enough rest.
Luckily there are things to help you sleep. These include wearing a sleep mask, pouring a cup of slumber-inducing herbal tea and even just sleeping naked!
4. What does mindful eating feel like?
5. How will you continue to eat mindfully for the next seven days?
Mindfulness Journal Prompts for Students
Student life can be busy, so making time for a mindful moment is always a good idea!
Add one of the below mindfulness journal prompts for students to your notebook:
1. Go for a walk outside today. Note down what you see and hear, and also how you feel.
2. What are your favorite ways to relax?
Meditation can be a great way to relax both your body and mind.
The benefits of meditation include an improved memory and reduced anxiety, the practice can even encourage you to eat better!