Journaling has been shown to have many advantages for your health and wellbeing.
Expressing gratitude has, too!
So combining both and writing in a gratitude journal is a great idea.
If you’re looking for a little inspiration to get started, read our compilation of 30 gratitude journal prompts.
Daily Gratitude Journal Prompts
Why not start and end every day by expressing gratitude?
Here are 10 daily gratitude writing prompts that can remind you to be thankful each morning and night:
1. What are you grateful for today?
2. Describe something that brings you joy
3. What does the word ‘gratitude’ mean to you?
4. What made you laugh today?
5. Which part of your body are you most grateful for?
If you’re journaling to improve your mood, then why not also try establishing a regular exercise routine.
Facts about working out show that exercising can be a great way to feel more positive.
It can be tricky to find the motivation to workout and make it a habit, however there are a few things you can do including choosing a workout buddy and following inspiring people online.
6. Look out of your window. Is there something you can see that you’re grateful for?
7. Which recent purchase are you most grateful for?
8. List five things you love about yourself.
9. Write about three positive or negative events that have made you who you are today.
10. What gave you comfort today?
Gratitude Journal Prompts for Positive Thinking
Reciting a positive affirmation or writing in a positive way can put you in a great headspace to start your day.
Choose one of our 10 journal prompts for positive thinking:
1. What do you love about the current season?
2. Write about all the good things that happened today, no matter how small.
3. Write about a person in your life who loves you unconditionally.
4. Write about a struggle in life that you have overcome.
5. What is your greatest asset?
6. Write about something you’re looking forward to in the future.
7. What makes you happy first thing in the morning?
8. What do you have now that you didn’t have five years ago?
9. Write about something that makes your life easier.
10. Write about something beautiful you saw today.
Gratitude Journal Prompts for Students
Life is busy and hectic as a student, so it’s easy to lose track of the things that you love and make you happy.
Use our gratitude journal prompts for students to remind you:
1. What made you smile today?
2. What book are you grateful for and why?
3. What is your happiest memory from the past year?
4. What have you learned this year that has benefited you?
5. Find a favorite photograph on your phone. Why are you grateful for this photo?
6. What did you do today that made you happy?
Yoga can be a great way to boost your mood and find happiness in your day.