If you’re one of the 34.4 million people in the US who practice yoga, then you might be wondering how you can develop your skills further.
Writing in a yoga journal can be one way to better understand your yoga practice.
Below we’ve created a list of 20 yoga journaling prompts to allow you to go deeper into your practice:
1. What do you love about your practice?
2. Which yoga poses bring you the most happiness?
3. How do you show yourself love?
4. Which asanas frustrate you and why?
As a yoga beginner there might be a number of asanas you find frustrating.
Once you’ve mastered the basics, you can discover yoga poses for strength and flexibility, or asanas to help with issues such as poor sleep and back pain.
5. If you can’t focus during practice, where does your mind wander to?
6. What is your body telling you today?
7. Which yoga pose reflects you?
8. How do you express your creativity?
9. What are your yoga goals?
10. How do you feel about the poses you performed today?
11. What are you grateful for today?
Research shows that practicing gratitude is consistently associated with greater levels of happiness.
Make it a daily habit by writing in a gratitude journal.
Typically they’re filled with gratitude writing prompts that encourage you to look at your life and recognize all the things you appreciate.
12. What helps you go within?
13. Is there a pose you feel you need to practice more?
14. Which other mind and body practice would you like to try?
Meditation is another mind and body practice that you could consider.
It’s estimated that between 200 and 500 million people around the world meditate.
Not surprising when you consider the benefits of meditation, including reduced stress and better concentration — it can even help improve your romantic relationships!
15. How is life outside the yoga studio affecting your practice?
16. How is your life outside the studio impacted by your practice?
17. Which pose gives you the greatest amount of confidence?
18. Where do you feel you need to simplify your life?
19. Write down five affirmations to recite each morning.
Studies have shown that reciting a positive daily affirmation can make you more optimistic and improve your self esteem.
We’ve created a list of inspiring yoga affirmations that are sure to put you in the right mindset for practice each day.