- Yoga Statistics (Top Picks)
- 2022 Yoga Statistics
- Yoga Demographic Statistics
- Yoga Market Size Statistics
- Health Benefits of Yoga Statistics
- Yoga Injury Statistics
- Global Yoga Statistics
It’s great for both your mental and physical health, and with the value of the yoga industry growing annually, the trend shows no sign of slowing down.
Take a look at our summary of 41 amazing yoga statistics:
Yoga Statistics (Top Picks)
- 10% of the US population, 34.4 million people, practice yoga.
- Yoga grew in popularity by 63.8% between 2010 and 2021.
- There are currently 7,000 yoga studios in the US and 100,000 yoga teachers registered with the Yoga Alliance.
- Women aged between 30 and 49 years old are the group who practice yoga the most.
- 28% of yoga practitioners are male.
- 10% of yogis experience pain following a yoga session.
- Global yoga industry statistics estimate the size of the market to be over $88 billion.
- An estimate suggests there are 300 million yoga practitioners worldwide.
Global Yoga Statistics
How many people in the world practice yoga?
Worldwide yoga statistics suggest there are 300 million yoga practitioners around the world.
Though yoga originated in India, many countries across the world have now claimed it as their own.
Where in the world is yoga most popular?
Canada is the country where yoga is the most popular.
While it can be difficult to monitor yoga popularity by country, Google Trend data shows which countries Google ‘yoga’ and associated terms the most, which gives a good indication of popularity.
At the time of writing, the top five countries Googling about yoga were:
- New Zealand
Supporting the Google Trend data is a study by The Frazer Institute, which found yoga was one of the top three most commonly used complementary therapies by the population of Canada over a lifetime:
- Massage (44%)
- Chiropractic Care (42%)
- Yoga (27%)
- Relaxation Techniques (25%)
- Acupuncture (22%)
- There are estimated be over 300 million people around the world practicing yoga.
- Yoga is most popular in Canada, followed by Singapore and Australia.
Now you’ve read a rundown of the latest yoga stats, it’s time to get to grips with the facts!