We could all do with a little stress relief right now!
If you’re feeling anxious, then practicing a positive daily affirmation is one effective way to unwind.
The benefits of affirmations show that the act can help to relieve stress, particularly in performance settings, such as when studying for a big test.
Stress Relief Affirmations
Begin to unwind by practicing one of the below stress relieving mantras:
1. I choose to feel calm.
2. I am strong and resilient.
3. I am letting go of my worries.
An effective way to make sense of your worries and find peace is by writing in a daily journal.
Harvard Medical School found that writing about your emotions releases stressful feelings.
There are a range of journals you can choose from, including journals for anxiety and those that encourage you to express gratitude.
4. As I exhale, stress leaves my body.
5. I am safe.
6. I make time to do the things I love.
7. I am not alone in my struggles.
8. Everything is temporary.
9. I prioritize a good night’s sleep.
Sleep and stress are closely linked.
A lack of sleep can lead to stress. Feeling stressed can keep you awake at night.
Thankfully there a several things you can try to help you get a better night’s rest, including a number of herbal teas to help you sleep.
10. I can take things at my own pace.
Positive Affirmations for Stress
Banish negative thoughts and start thinking more optimistically with our positive affirmations for stress:
1. I am in control.
2. My muscles are relaxed.
Muscle tension is one of the negative effects stress has on your body.
Did you know there are a number of scientifically-proven techniques to relax your muscles?
You could try TENS therapy, CBD oil or look for ways to improve your circulation.
3. I’m always looking for ways to live a less stressful life.
4. I am calm even when life is chaotic.
5. My thoughts are slowing down.
6. I am free from stress.
7. I am right where I’m supposed to be.
8. My mind is calm.
9. I release all the tension from my body.
Acupressure is a style of massage that can relieve tension throughout your body.
In fact, it has so many health advantages including acting as a powerful tool for relieving stress, anxiety and depression.
Best part is, it’s an affordable option as even the top acupressure mats are available at a range of different prices.
10. Tomorrow is a new day.
Affirmations for Work Stress
Reciting short positive affirmations can also have advantages in the workplace, particularly if you work in a high stress environment.
Take a look below at our affirmations for work stress:
1. My worth is not defined by my job.
2. I know what I am doing.
3. My health and wellbeing is my number one priority.
4. I am able to revaluate stressful situations.
5. I can ask for help.
6. Every mistake is an opportunity to learn.
7. I am equipped to handle this situation.
8. I bring a positive attitude to work.
9. I trust my intuition.
10. I make time for self-care.
A Little Workplace Motivation
Here at The Good Body, we’re passionate about how affirmations can help our health.
However they can also be beneficial for your career. Read our list of positive work affirmations.
- Harvard Health Publishing (2011). Writing about emotions may ease stress and trauma [Online]. Available from: https://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/writing-about-emotions-may-ease-stress-and-trauma [Accessed 26 May 2023]. ↩
- American Psychological Association (2023). Stress effects on the body [Online]. Available from: https://www.apa.org/topics/stress/body [Accessed 26 May 2023]. ↩