Banish the Monday morning blues and start the week off with the right mindset.
Positive affirmations can be one way to retrain your brain to avoid the negative self-talk that tells you Mondays are something to be feared!
Take a look at our list below of 45 Monday affirmations you need to begin reciting:
Positive Affirmations for Monday Mornings
Garner the energy to power through the week with one of these morning affirmations:
1. I am excited for the week ahead.
2. I can do this.
3. I have a positive attitude.
4. This week will move me closer to achieving my goals.
5. I can overcome anything.
Research conducted by UK charity Mind, revealed that Monday is seen as the most stressful day of the week.
Announce an affirmation for stress relief to steel yourself for the pressures before they arrive.
6. Things are getting better every day.
7. I am grateful for today.
8. Nothing can stand in my way.
9. This week is a fresh start.
1. I am leaving the past behind and moving forward.
2. I will make time for self-care.
Making time for self-care is so important.
It can be as simple as practicing yoga each day or writing in a daily journal.
Here at The Good Body we’ve also compiled a list of self-care gifts to inspire you to relax and unwind.
3. Today is a chance to learn something new.
4. I am adopting new positive habits.
5. I am physically and mentally strong.
6. Monday mornings are a chance to make a positive change.
Monday Affirmations for Work
Though findings around the topic are limited, there is some research to suggest that a positive attitude enhances work performance.
Here are 15 examples of Monday affirmations to inspire and motivate you in the workplace:
1. My success is inevitable.
2. I come to work with the best intentions.
3. I have many exciting career opportunities.
4. I am growing as a person.
5. I can handle whatever work throws at me.
6. I am ambitious.
7. My wellbeing is my number one priority.
Uplifting mantras can even be used to improve your overall health.
Read our health affirmations and you’ll find statements such as “I invest time in nurturing both my body and mind” and “Today I will make good choices”.
8. I bring positive energy to my workplace.
9. It’s ok to take a break.
10. Today is a fresh start.
11. I respect myself and the team I work with.
12. I am full of great ideas.
13. Everything I need to do a good job is within me.
14. I am excited by the challenges ahead this week.
A compelling 2018 study, conducted in China, revealed that simply anticipating future exciting events actually improves your overall wellbeing.
Finding positive work affirmations that are meaningful to you, can be one way to turn dread into anticipation!
15. I always achieve my work goals.
Powerful Monday Affirmations for a New Week
If you’re going to try the technique, then why not use the most powerful affirmations to kick-start your week!
1. I am grateful to be alive.
2. I can achieve anything.
3. I am allowed to say no.
4. This week will be my best yet.
5. I can rise to any challenge.
6. Exciting opportunities are waiting for me.
7. I am becoming a better version of myself day by day.
8. My energy levels are high and I’m ready to face the day.
9. I will make time for moments of pure joy this week.
10. I am confident and courageous.
Affirmations for confidence can be a great way to remind yourself each Monday, just how amazing you are!
Whether you need a boost before a big presentation or you’re facing a crazy week of family plans, praising your own strengths can help keep your confidence levels high.
Monday Affirmation Quotes
These quotes about Mondays are sure to get you moving on a sluggish morning.
- “Okay, it’s Monday but who said Mondays have to suck? Be a rebel and have a great day anyway.” – Kimberly Jiménez
- “This is your Monday morning reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.” – Unknown
- “Monday Morning Blues? Why not change the color of your Monday to yellow and brighten up the coming week?” – Kanika Saxena
- “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Success is to wake up each morning and consciously decide that today will be the best day of your life.” – Ken Poirot
Want to manifest an amazing Monday?
Trust in the power of the universe by reciting an affirmation for manifestation!
- Mind (2014). New research shows Monday is most stressful day of the week [Online]. Available from: https://www.mind.org.uk/news-campaigns/news/new-research-shows-monday-is-most-stressful-day-of-the-week/ [Accessed 12 May 2023]. ↩
- Tenney, ER., Poole, JM. and Diener, E. (2016). Does positivity enhance work performance?: Why, when, and what we don’t know [Online]. Research in Organizational Behavior. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/309878713_Does_positivity_enhance_work_performance_Why_when_and_what_we_don't_know [Accessed 12 May 2023]. ↩
- Lou, Y. et al. (2018). Well-being and Anticipation for Future Positive Events: Evidences from an fMRI Study [Online]. Frontiers in Psychology. Available from: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02199/full [Accessed 12 May 2023]. ↩