38 Chronic Pain Affirmations for a Positive Mindset
At least 10% of the world’s population is affected by chronic pain.
If you’re one of them you’ve likely tried every gadget on the market, however have you tried practicing a motivational affirmation?
There is research to show it can help ease certain symptoms of a chronic pain condition such as stress and anxiety.
The Good Body Highlights
Here are our favorites, yet read on to find your own:
- I am not limited by my chronic pain.
- I have so many ways to manage my pain.
- I am completely in tune with my body.
- Everything is temporary.
- I am harnessing my inner strength.
Positive Affirmations for Chronic Pain
Choosing the right affirmation is important for encouraging a positive mindset.
Take a look below at our affirmations for chronic pain:
1. My pain does not define me.
2. I am not limited by my chronic pain.
3. I am in control.
Ever turned to Instagram for support with your pain?
It might not have been the first place you’d look for help but there are a number of inspiring chronic pain accounts and influencers you can follow.
4. I take things at my own pace.
5. I am patient and kind to myself.
6. I am completely in tune with my body.
There are a number of different ways you can manage your chronic pain.
Meditation and mindfulness are two pain management alternatives that are proven to provide relief and help you cope with your symptoms day to day.
7. I eat a healthy and balanced diet that supports my wellbeing.
8. I make time for self-care.
Self-care is so important as being in daily discomfort can be exhausting.
Treating yourself to a massage is one way to make time for yourself.
There are many different types of massage to choose from, and a range of at-home tools you can experiment with.
9. I am grateful for my body.
10. I am strong and stable.
11. I respect the benefits of a good night’s sleep.
Living with pain can play havoc with your sleep!
In fact, the latest statistics on sleep show that chronic pain sufferers experience an average 42 minute sleep debt.
Essential oils, herbal teas and cutting out alcohol are a few different things you could try to improve your slumber.
12. I deserve to be healthy and happy.
13. I give myself permission to rest.
14. I am not alone. I am surrounded by people who want to help.
15. I give myself permission to speak about how I’m feeling.
16. I am open-minded and constantly look for new ways to overcome my pain.
Research into the benefits of yoga, shows it can have advantages for those with chronic pain, including specific asanas that can be more effective.
There are even yoga affirmations that you can recite to get started.
17. I release negative thoughts from my mind.
18. I wake up stronger every day.
Affirmations for Pain Relief
Add one of our pain affirmations to your toolkit when you need relief:
1. I am so much more than my pain.
2. I have a positive mindset.
Scientists recognize the role a positive attitude plays in pain and its treatment following an in-depth 2016 study.
So why not take a few moments each day to announce a short positive affirmation.
3. I respect my body.
4. The pain will pass.
5. I am allowed to have negative feelings.
6. Everything is temporary.
7. I am resilient.
8. I will get through this.
Over 50 million Americans are impacted by arthritis each year.
If you’re living with the symptoms, including chronic pain, then life can feel challenging.
It might not be your first thought as a pain relief solution, but affirmations for arthritis and joint pain can help you rethink your approach to the condition.
9. My future is happy.
10. I have so many ways to manage my pain.
Healing Affirmations for Physical Pain
Physical pain doesn’t just impact your body, it takes its toll on your mind.
Use these healing affirmations on your road to recovery.
1. I am taking steps to ease my pain.
2. I listen to the needs of my body.
3. I feel balanced and healthy.
4. I deserve to heal.
Journaling can be one tool you can use to make sense of your pain condition.
We’ve compiled a list of journal prompts for healing that could aid you in getting started.
5. I nourish my body and mind.
6. I am harnessing my inner strength.
7. I acknowledge my pain.
8. I am proud of myself for what I have overcome.
9. I am grateful for my health.
10. I am well.
Start Your Day Off Right
Getting up in the morning can be a challenge when you’re living with chronic pain.
A morning affirmation change your outlook as soon as you wake.