At least 10% of the world’s population is affected by chronic pain.
If you’re one of them you’ve likely tried every gadget on the market to help, however have you tried practicing a daily affirmation?
Research shows it can also ease some of the associated symptoms of the condition such as stress and anxiety.
Positive Affirmations for Chronic Pain
Choosing the right affirmation is important for encouraging a positive mindset.
Take a look below at our positive affirmations for chronic pain:
1. My pain does not define me.
2. I am not limited by my chronic pain.
3. I am in control.
Ever turned to Instagram for support with your pain?
It might not have been the first place you’d look for help but there a number of inspiring chronic pain accounts and influencers you can follow.
4. I take things at my own pace.
5. I am patient and kind to myself.
6. I am completely in tune with my body.
There are a number of different ways you can manage your chronic pain.
Meditation and mindfulness are two pain management alternatives that are proven to provide relief and help you manage your symptoms day to day.
7. I eat a healthy and balanced diet that supports my wellbeing.
Pin it for later!
Don’t forget to pin these chronic pain affirmations for later!
8. I make time for self-care.
Self-care is so important as being in daily discomfort can be exhausting.
Treating yourself to a massage is one way to make time for yourself.
There are many different styles you can enjoy, and a range of at-home tools you can experiment with.
Acupressure is one technique proven to be effective for chronic pain.
This is another therapy you can enjoy at home by using an acupressure mat.
9. I am grateful for my body.
10. I am strong and stable.
11. I respect the benefits of a good night’s sleep.
Living with pain can play havoc with your sleep!
In fact, chronic pain sufferers experience an average 42 minute sleep debt.
Essential oils, herbal teas and melatonin supplements are a few different things you could try.
12. I deserve to be healthy and happy.
13. I give myself permission to rest.
14. I am not alone. I am surrounded by people who want to help.
15. I give myself permission to speak about how I’m feeling.
16. I am open-minded and constantly look for new ways to overcome my pain.
Yoga could be one new way to try and overcome your condition.
It has been shown to be effective for chronic pain, with a number of asanas more effective than others for back pain in particular.
There are even mantras for yogis that you can recite to help you get started.
17. I release negative thoughts from my mind.
18. I wake up stronger every day.
Here at The Good Body we’re passionate about the benefits of practicing daily affirmations.
If you’re struggling with back pain in particular we have a list of affirmations for you, as well as positive words for those living with joint pain and foot pain.